Module 10 Written Assignment – Death and Dying – Ethical Dilemmas and Nursing Interventions
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Background/Introduction: Chose a culture, other than their own, to write about, describing the current culture’s views, rituals and ceremonies regarding death and dying.
Values: Described the current culture’s views on death and dying, in contrast to your own similarities or differences in values between them and how you feel about that. 2.5 points each component
Conclusion: Concluding summary and statement of nursing implications. 2.5 points each component ? summary and implications
APA formatted body, citations and references 0-10 points depending upon level of fidelity to APA formatting ? more mistakes will equal more points lost.
Proper writing mechanics (freedom from typos, format irregularities, poorly constructed paragraphs, poor grammar, etc.) 0-10 points depending upon level of fidelity to APA formatting ? more mistakes will equal more po
Different cultures view death and dying differently. For this assignment you will research a culture, other than your own and using your Culturally Competent Health Care textbook by Larry Purnell or the internet to address the following:
- Describe the current views and possible ceremonial processes, honoring the death and dying of their loved ones for the culture you chose to research.
- You may find some differences in values between your culture and the one you have researched. If you did, what are they and how do you feel about them? If not, what similarities between your culture and the one you have researched did you find, how do you feel about them?
- Use APA formatting for your paper, using headings as shown below:
- Title page
- Heading: Introduction of your paper topic ? the culture you have selected to research. (this is the first bullet point above)
- Heading: Background. Discuss value differences or similarities between your culture and the one you researched. (this is the second bullet point above)
- Heading: Conclusion ? a summary statement, in a few sentences, about the last two sections (background info, and value differences) and what that information means for the end-of-life care of those clients (implications for nurses caring for this clients experiencing the ends of their lives).
- Reference page
- Use APA formatting throughout your paper:
- Headings ? centered and capitalized first letter (Introduction, Values, Conclusion, and References).
- In-text citations ? as taught and discussed earlier.
- References ? as taught and discussed earlier.
- Demonstrate proper writing mechanics (typos, proper paragraphs, grammar, font, etc.)