You will need to find 4 articles located in scholarly journals. Scholarly journal articles are also referred as primary source peer reviewed articles. A scholarly journal article can be found in the South University Online Library. To find more information regarding utilizing the South University Library and accessing scholarly journal articles click on Library Guide. What cannot be used for this assignment are web pages, magazines, newspapers, text books, and other books. Finally, current research for our purposes is an article that was published within the last 5 to 6 years.
Remember this is a course on human development so when looking for articles make sure they are related to the subject matter covered in the course. To help in your search here are some of the major areas we covered in this course (these are meant as a guide, not specific topics to find).
- Major developmental theories across the lifespan
- Nature of geographic, gender, social, cognitive, emotional, and developmental factors during each period of development
- Developmental factors that impact one another.
- Historical and current trends in development
- Current trends which may differentially impact the future development of populations in the United States
- Social, and diversity issues related to developmental psychology
With the major areas above in mind, focus on at least two of the following age groups:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Older Adults
First, give an overview of each article, including:
- Write a 2-paragraph summary for each article.
- Write a 1-2 paragraph analysis and evaluation for each article found.
- Make sure to integrate course material in that analysis
Then, write a summary (1-2 pages) integrating what was leaned from the articles reviewed on the chosen age groups as seen from the life-span perspective. Cover the following in that summary:
- What similarities did you find in the types of research and what was being studied? What differences did you find?
- Based on your course readings, what developmental theories did you find that were applicable?
- Explain how the life-span perspective may provide a way of better understanding the research reviewed.