Preparing for Change
What steps might be utilized to move a practice issue from development and design through implementation to the realization of positive outcomes? How does theory provide a framework? What barriers might you encounter?
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Review the theories and frameworks (i.e., change, organizational, behavioral) presented in Chapter 3 of the course text, Translation of Evidence into Nursing and Health Care Practice, and conduct additional research of your own. What insights do these theories provide regarding how to take your practice issue from development and design through implementation to the realization of positive outcomes?
- Think about your practicum setting and evaluate the readiness for change in this environment. Identify barriers and facilitators for change.
- Consider strategies to address the barriers and assess why they might be effective based on theory.
By tomorrow Wednesday 10/17/18 at 12 pm, write a minimum of 550 words essays in APA format with at least 3 references (see attached files) from the list of REQUIRED READINGS below. Include the headers as numbered below:
Post a cohesive scholarly response that addresses the following:
1) Assess the readiness for change in your hospital environment. Discuss those factors: (a) barriers and (b) facilitators that need to be considered (see attached chapter 15 in the file area)
2) Identify a theory or framework that will guide your change efforts. (see attached chapter 3 in the file area)
3) Discuss strategies to address barriers and provide one or more insights regarding why you think they might be effective based on theory.
White, K. M., Dudley-Brown, S., & Terharr, M. F. (2016). Translation of evidence into nursing and health care practice (2nd ed.). New York, NY: Springer.
- Review Chapter 3, “Change Theory and Models: Framework for Translation” (see attached file)
- Chapter 14, “Creating a Culture That Promotes Translation”
- Chapter 15, “Best Practices in Translation: Challenges and Barriers in Translation” (see attached file)
Darling, F. (2016). Practitioners’ views and barriers to implementation of the Keeping Birth Normal tool: A pilot study. British Journal of Midwifery, 24(7), 508-519. (see attached file)
Sadeghi-Bazargani, H., Tabrizi, J.S., & Azami-Aghdash, S. (2014). Barriers to evidence-based medicine: a systematic review. Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice, 20, 793-802. (see attached file)
Smith, E.L., Rice, K.L., & Agrell-Kann, M. (2015). Improving quality outcomes using a champion model for ancillary nursing staff, Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing, 46(12), 539-541. (see attached file)
In patients in extended intensive care within an urban acute care facility in Eastern United States, how does early mobilization as recommended by National Institute of Health and Care Excellence clinical guidelines on rehabilitation of patients after critical illness impact early transfers from intensive care as measured 6 months post-implementation when compared to the current standard of care including minimal mobilization of patients?
P: Adult patients
I: in extended intensive care within an urban acute care facility
I: increased mobilization of the patients
C: minimal mobilization of the patients
O: early transfers of the patients from intensive care
T: 6 months