According to the AACN (2006) Essentials of Doctoral Education for Advanced Nursing Practice, DNP graduates are distinguished by their abilities to use information systems/technology to support and improve patient care and healthcare systems and provide leadership within healthcare systems and/or academic settings” (p. 12).
Reflect on the AACN DNP “Essential IV: Information Systems/Technology and Patient Care Technology for the Improvement and Transformation of Health Care” and your own technology experience and answer the following.
- What were your initial thoughts on reading the AACN Information Systems/Technology Essentials for the DNP graduate?
- Did you find any of the essentials surprising? Why or Why not?
- Describe the changes you have seen in your practice setting over the past five years that have been brought about by the use of technology and evidence-based practice.
- Describe the changes you expect to see in your practice setting over the next five years based on technology.
- How have these changes affected nursing practice in your setting?
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now