Assignment: Developing Organizational Policies and Practices
Competing needs arise within any organization as employees seek to meet their targets and leaders seek to meet company goals. As a leader, successful management of these goals requires establishing priorities and allocating resources accordingly.
Within a healthcare setting, the needs of the workforce, resources, and patients are often in conflict. Mandatory overtime, implementation of staffing ratios, use of unlicensed assisting personnel, and employer reductions of education benefits are examples of practices that might lead to conflicting needs in practice.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Leaders can contribute to both the problem and the solution through policies, action, and inaction. In this Assignment, you will further develop the white paper you began work on in Module 1 by addressing competing needs within your organization.
· Review the national healthcare issue/stressor you examined in your Assignment for Module 1. (See attached document- WK2Assg_Lopez Cordova-A. ) and review the analysis of the healthcare issue/stressor you selected.
· Identify and review two evidence-based scholarly resources that focus on proposed policies/practices to apply to your selected healthcare issue/stressor.
The Assignment – Instructions (4 pages):
Developing Organizational Policies and Practices
Add a section to the paper you submitted in Module 1. (See attached document- WK2Assg_Lopez Cordova-A. Add the 4 pages to this document)
The new section should address the following:
1. Identify and describe at least two competing needs impacting your selected healthcare issue/stressor.
2. Describe a relevant policy or practice in your organization that may influence your selected healthcare issue/stressor.
3. Critique the policy for ethical considerations and explain the policy’s strengths and challenges in promoting ethics.